MATERIAL HANDLER II / Packer Swing Shift
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods, and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Place Finished Product in cartons for shipment to the Distribution Center
- Generate Shipping Labels using RF Guns
- Load pallets with finished cartons, scan shipping labels to create an STO (Bill of Lading) Stretch Wrap carton, and place it on a staged Trailer bound for Distribution Center
- Work with Material Planners on Priority Material to be shipped
- Communicate with Leaders for follow-up or specific instructions daily
- Operate manual pallet jacks and moving carts constantly
Shift is Monday to Friday - Swing - Weekly Rotating schedule - There will be a 5% shift differential added.
Week 1: 7 am to 3 pm
Week 2: 3 pm to 11 pm
What your background should look like:
- High School Degree or GED preferred
- Must have good computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with other material handlers on shift as well as assembly/production operators
- Must be able to lift and carry a maximum weight of 45 lbs safely & dependably
- Must be able to push material that is on pallets of a maximum weight of 81 lbs safely & dependably
- Must be able to pull material that is on pallets of a maximum weight of 88.8 lbs safely & dependably
- Frequently required to extend arms and hands between knees & shoulders; frequently holding and grasping with hands.
- Frequent standing and walking are required for this role
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $32,300– $48,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets