SR MGR STRATEGIC SOURCING - Global Metals
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers, and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price, and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management, and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes, and continuous technical improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain understanding, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, globally savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
We seek an experienced and strategic Sr. Manager of Metals, explicitly focusing on Wire, Precious Metals, and Flat Rolled Products. The successful candidate will lead the global procurement strategy for the abovementioned commodities. You will develop and implement sourcing strategies that deliver value, cost savings, and quality improvement across the global supply chain.
You will report to the Director Center-Led Global Procurement Metals & Precious Metals. This position will be responsible for team development. The role requires the ability to collaborate to develop strategy and drive execution across the TE Business Units (BU). The ideal candidate will desire upward mobility and exhibit the required values, performance, and behaviors to enable such.
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives and targets for the assigned commodities.
- Led and managed a team responsible for executing sourcing strategies and achieving results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, ensuring they deliver on their commitments and providing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure procurement requirements are effectively communicated and aligned with business needs.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, supply-demand dynamics, and price fluctuations to inform decision-making and mitigate risks.
- Implement best practices and innovative approaches to improve procurement processes, supplier performance, and cost optimization.
- Drive initiatives to develop sustainable and environmentally responsible supply chains.
The ideal candidate will reside on the East Coast of the USA or in EMEA.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor or Master in engineering, supply chain management, or related fields.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in procurement and category management
- ISM CPSM or CIPS Certification is a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing global sourcing strategies that delivered cost savings, improved quality, and increased supplier performance.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with experience in managing remote teams.
- Market Intelligence: Good understanding of the industry trends, market dynamics, and supplier landscape. This knowledge will help you identify new opportunities, stay abreast of industry developments, and negotiate better deals.
- Supplier Management: You should have strong skills in supplier management, including the ability to assess supplier capabilities, develop supplier relationships, and manage supplier performance.
- Negotiation skills: As a procurement professional, you should be skilled in negotiating contracts, terms, and conditions with suppliers to ensure the best value for your organization.
- Project management: You should possess strong project management skills to effectively manage procurement projects, from initial supplier selection to final delivery of goods and services.
- Data analysis: You should have analytical skills to analyze procurement data, develop strategies, and monitor procurement performance metrics.
- Collaboration and communication: Effective collaboration and communication skills are essential to work closely with cross-functional teams, suppliers, and other stakeholders to achieve procurement objectives.
- Strategic thinking: You should be able to think strategically and develop a clear category strategy that aligns with the company's overall business goal.
- Decision-making: You should be able to make informed and timely decisions that consider all relevant factors, including risks, opportunities, and stakeholder needs.
- Talent development: You should be able to identify and develop procurement talent, build high-performing teams, and foster a culture of learning and development.
- Influencing and relationship building: You should be able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers, customers, and internal teams, and use your influence to drive positive outcomes.
- Accountability: You should hold yourself and your team accountable for meeting procurement objectives and delivering value to the organization.
- Global mobility: You should be open and flexible to relocation to another Region if needed
If you are a strategic thinker with a proven track record in leading global procurement strategies for Metals, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $133,800 - $200,800 USD (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets