Sr Product Engineer (Hybrid)- Applicators
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE’s Application Tooling team has an established history of innovation, from the invention of the first solderless crimp hand tool in 1941 through the recent launch of automated machines to process high voltage cable terminations for hybrid electric vehicles. Our flexible solutions range from hand tools for prototyping and low production needs up to state-of-the-art equipment that can produce millions of crimps a year.
The Application Tooling division is seeking an innovative Product Engineer to join our Applicator Engineering Team in Middletown, Pennsylvania. This position is considered hybrid. On-site work is required two days a week, but candidate may be expected to be on-site more than this as required by specific projects.
In this challenging and rewarding position, you will design, analyze, and optimize products within the applicator portfolio to meet customer objectives and the product management strategy. Using your engineering knowledge and design experience, you will solve problems, create solutions, and share information related to custom tools which satisfy demanding performance objectives and cost targets. You will work within a team of engineers and designers, and frequently collaborate with project managers, business managers, customers, field sales engineers, manufacturing teams and our internal model shop.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills and a demonstrated passion for improvement. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a quick learner, with the ability to progress multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
What your background should look like:
- Be the technical expert for all applicator product lines that the team supports
- Maintain and optimize existing products, implement product extensions, and develop new solutions to satisfy requirements provided by sales, customers, operations teams, manufacturing engineers or other colleagues
- Coordinate closely with internal and external manufacturing sites to support the production of all applicator product lines that the team supports
- Produce and revise engineering documentation in support of product development and sustainment, coordinating changes across multiple departments
- Lead and mentor other Product Engineers and/or lead projects with varying degrees of complexity within Product Engineering in support of strategic goals, new product introductions, and customer requests
- Typical travel up to 10%
What your background should be like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited University. Proven history of work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design of crimp tools. (Applicators preferred.)
- CAD proficiency (Creo preferred)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, design for manufacturability and VA/VE methodology
- Willingness to work hands on to set up, qualify, and troubleshoot applicators
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $88,400 – $132,600/year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits