Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified Mechanical Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the design of components, subassemblies and assemblies for new antenna and wireless products. Typical components include die cast or stamped baseplates, injection molded plastic covers, stamped components, strain reliefs, grommets, seals and fasteners. You will also be responsible for determining design approach, select materials, create solid models of components and assemblies, perform tolerance stack ups, create and check drawings, release drawings, and organize and oversee environmental validation testing. You must be organized and able to work on multiple projects. Occasional travel inside and outside the US may be required.
- Communicate with customers/sales, Work with supplier partners and project team to determine design approach.
- Prepare DFMEA.
- Design solid models of components, subassemblies and assemblies
- Select materials and platings/ coatings
- Perform FEA stress analysis as needed
- Perform tolerance stack ups, prepare drawings, check drawings.
- Prepare stp, dxf and pdf files for use in 3D and 2D prototype systems.
- Work with supplier partners to secure prototypes and develop production tooling.
- Develop DVP&R. Initiate and supervise validation testing with support from RF/electrical engineer(s)
- Prepare and release ECOs.
- Organize design data including imported data, solid models, drawings, and files sent to customer.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering or product design and development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing components, subassemblies and assemblies for mass production using die casting, injection molding, stamping, die cutting and screw machine processes.
- Excellent GD&T skills.
- Working knowledge of DFMEA.
- Experienced, current user of solid modeling software such as NX Unigraphics, and Catia.
- Experience using stress analysis modeling software (e.g. FEA).
- Experience working with customers and suppliers.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Familiarity with antennas is a plus.
- Some experience in using basic shop equipment (drill press, band saw, etc.)
- Professional, structured, autonomous, and creative work style.
- Excellent team player, able to cooperate with International teams.
- Good communication skills, especially related to technical matters.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57,000 - $85,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets