FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN V-Remote
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is now hiring a Field Service Technician for the medium voltage energy products division. This role will support ourcustomers - mainly industrial and utility plants throughout the US, participate in trade shows and provide customer trainings. This positionwill require frequent traveling, and working from home when not traveling. The qualifi ed candidate must reside in Texas.
Looking for candidates in Wyoming or Idaho to cover the west US (Remote role)
Field Service Technician's main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide general technical client support of TE's Medium Voltage product lines
- Conduct hands-on training with line crews, splicers, electricians, and electrical superintendents in both the industrial and utility markets on all TE -Energy Division products.
- Provide job site installation support for proper installation of TE's products, conduct training and certifi cations at industrial and utility plants
- Conduct training seminars and support Trade Shows
- Support trade shows, develop a strong rapport with utility personnel and electrical contractors and be a Medium Voltage product consultant forthem
- Analyze simple product failures and prepare failure reports
- Conduct onsite installation of TE's Medium voltage products
- Provide feedback and ideas regarding product design, product improvements, and competitive products. Suggesting improvements and revisions
- When in the field, this individual will always look for and be aware of other application opportunities and provide feedback to Area Sales Managersand Product Management
- Conduct new product demonstrations and training
- Provide AMPACT trainings and tool repairs (Overhead product line)
- Other duties as assigned per business needs (such as providing installation service in the fi eld, etc)
What your background should look like:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience of working with medium voltage products as a service technician
- Strong customer focus and willingness to assist in all aspects of their business
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Analytical and structured thinking with an ability to understand customers request
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Offi ce, Word, Excel, Calendar, Power Point
- Ability to travel up to 75% domestically
- Ability to operate a company provided vehicle
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $58700-88100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets