Manager Global Trade Services ICT AMER - Remote
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world-class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Manager Global Trade Services Manager Industrial & Commercial Transportation (ICT) AMER, plays a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the ICT Business Unit in all AMER locations where TE operates. ICT delivers reliable connectivity products designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions for on- and off-highway vehicles and recreational transportation including heavy-duty trucks, construction, agriculture, buses, and other vehicles.
This role will be responsible to facilitate TE’s compliance, at BU regional level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports to GTS ICT Sr. Manager and is a key member of the Global Trade Services (GTS) team. As part of the GTS team, the ICT AMER Manager will join a team of global trade professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together, and championing change.
Trade Compliance Activities in the BU
- Manage trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the assigned BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain trade operations and compliance activities by TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a point of contact for BU leadership on trade-related matters.
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact on the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure the proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risks and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusions.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 8+ years’ experience in global trade compliance
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in functional leadership or senior management in a multinational environment
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial, communications, transportation, or similar business
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- Proven ability to work with a variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement, and finance
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Travel may be necessary for the fulfillment of responsibilities
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $115,600 - $173,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets