MGR II EH&S
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations. Ensures and monitors safety in the workplace including the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures, and practices consistent with established company, environmental and government regulations.
What your background should look like:
- Develop, plan, implement, maintain, and monitor an EHS management system for the organization that meets the TE Safety Assessment for Effectiveness (SAFE) requirements, implements TE environmental sustainability programs, ensures compliance with all relevant regulations, TE policies and TE specifications and provides for continuous improvement in EH&S performance.
- Ensure TE safety initiatives required by the TEOA Safety Tool are deployed for the organization, including behavior- based safety (BBS), ergonomics programs, risk assessment, EHS training, machine guarding and employee engagement.
- Assess, evaluate, quantify, and prioritize EHS risks for the organization and develop action plans for ensuring all significant risks are controlled and managed as part of the operational controls defined within the EHS management system and TEOA processes and procedures.
- Create and deliver training programs to ensure those involved in maintaining the organization s EHS programs are aware of their responsibilities and how to discharge them. Provide training for all employees in support of achieving 100% engagement in EHS.
- Create organizational EHS metrics where needed that drive improvements in EHS performance, e. g. near hit reporting, behavioral safety scorecards, ergonomic assessment, risk assessment data, environmental permit data, hazard reporting, etc.
- Participate in risk assessments, advising risk assessment teams on the assessment process; quantification of risks; prioritizing risks for action and effective risk control measures.
- Manage, supervise, train, coach and mentor direct reports and support team members involved in delivering the EHS programs.
- Plan and deliver EHS training to create the competencies needed to deliver the EHS program.
- Engage with management and employees to drive EHS programs and performance improvements.
- Hire EHS expertise and resources as required, e. g. occupational health, EHS specialists, etc.
- Support and guide employees to enable them to work safely, comply with regulations, TE policies and specifications and support environmental sustainability goals.
- Minimum 5+years of EH&S experience
- Experience in a technical, engineering or manufacturing role preferred
- Strong demonstrated communication, negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability in conducting audits and inspections of all aspects of EHS throughout a Site
- Optional: University degree or equivalent level of qualification in safety, health, or an environmental discipline
- Optional: If a degree is in a related technical or engineering field, but not specific to EHS, then a recognized postgraduate qualification (e. g. Master s Degree, etc.) in an environmental or health and safety discipline is required.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $79,300 – $118,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets