Regional Commodity Manager Corporate Services AMER - Remote
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
This position will develop and execute the Corporate Services commodity strategies for the Americas region and support teammates in the creation of a best in class Global Corporate Services Procurement team. The qualified individual will drive the commodity to meet the year over year key performance indicators focusing on productivity, delivery, and quality with superior customer service. The role also requires driving leading indicators such as savings pipeline, supplier reduction and reducing non-PO spend.
The Commodity Manager will be expected to:
- Manage customer relationships, through procurement expertise, responsiveness, and business understanding (Corporate Functions, General Market / Industry and TE Internal requirements).
- Provide expert support with data analytics (supplier and market) and strategy that drives confidence, customer / cross-functional partnership and results.
- Manage the execution of the strategy utilizing Procurement expertise in negotiation, RFI/RFQ processing, contract development, project management, supplier management and other core procurement skills.
- Utilize all tools and strategies within Corporate Services (Management Consultancy, Legal, Tax, Insurance, M&A, Regional Travel, etc.) commodities and sub-commodity groupings to drive significant savings, meeting individual, regional and global TE corporate savings goals.
- Deploy regional strategies fully in-line with Global Commodity guidelines.
- Help continuously improve overall service of Indirect Procurement to internal customers.
Role: Regional Commodity Manager Corporate Services AMER
Salary: $98,960 - $148,440
This position reports to Indirect Procurement via the Global Commodity Director and a dotted line to Regional Director and will be supporting the Americas Region for the Corporate Services commodity group. The sub-categories of this group include Management Consultancy, Professional Services such as Legal, Tax, or Insurance, and Travel for the region. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting regional strategies and supporting the commodity global strategies. The candidate will be the Procurement “supplier” to internal Business Unit customers at the regional and country levels, supporting their budgets and priorities. This person will help define and execute customer projects as a critical path to meeting procurement goals.
Additional duties include:
- preparing/executing RFI/RFPs
- providing extensive analytical and strategic input
- driving cost savings
- identifying and/or executing process improvements
- providing recommendations and support to the Global Commodity and Regional Director(s) and successfully implementing the recommendation(s).
Key deliverables include:
- Reduction and Avoidance Savings Targets
- Quality Targets (Automated Buy Channels, Voice of the Customer feedback, etc.)
- Spend with Preferred Suppliers
Other Key Indicators include:
- Pipeline Targets
- Supplier Reduction
- Non-PO to PO Targets
In conclusion, the position will be to support the development and execution of the commodity strategy and support the creation of a best-in-class Global Procurement team, with exemplary results. The qualified individual will drive the commodity to meet the year-over-year key performance indicators focusing on productivity, delivery, and quality while driving leading indicators such as savings pipeline and reducing the number of Suppliers.
What your background should look like:
- Experience in Purchasing/Procurement (15+ years).
- Demonstrated experience as a buyer, growing to commodity management for Indirect Commodities.
- Proficient in MS Office: advanced Excel and Powerpoint practice is a must.
- Proven complex contract management experience (writing, redlining, & detailed negotiation).
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex financial documentation and RFP submissions and make detailed reports and recommendations to senior management. Experience with third-party procurement bidding and analysis tools such as Zycus, Ariba, or Jaggaer is a plus.
- Business planning and forecasting
- Excellent communication skills. English language skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to speak persuasively in front of a large audience, including management to the executive level.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, able to work well with international teams and individuals, not afraid to push for change, but humble in approach.
- Global time zone flexibility and the ability to travel 25 to 50%.
- Proven ability as a project leader with experience managing large dollar projects/programs.
- Education: Bachelor-level degree in Business, Procurement, Finance, or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of Professional Commodities is a +.
- Flexible Location.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,960 – $148,440 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets