Tool & Die Maker
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
**This position is in Winston-Salem, NC but is open to Domestic Relocation **
** Shifts available: 1st or 2nd shift **
TE Connectivity’s Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes.
- Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation.
- Handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety.
- Completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Plan, prioritize, and manage multiple engineering project
- Prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team's overall resources are used effectively and that project deadlines are met.
- Evaluate and authorize changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project.
- May work directly with customers to understand needs, gather customer requirements, identify resources and assess project risks.
- Create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication, for non-technical and technical users.
- Our department is responsible to build/refurbish Progressive Stamping Dies to be based at our High-Speed Stamping facility, so these tools need to produce excellent quality parts in this fast-paced Automotive stamping environment.
What your background should look like:
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker Certification
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience maintaining or building High Speed Progressive Stamping Dies
- Experience in the production floor atmosphere/environment - preferred
- Familiar with various stamping presses and their controls.
- Familiar with various auxiliary equipment and their controls.
- Knowledgeable of the requirements needed for manufacturing, inspecting, assembling, conditioning, and debugging tooling for newly designed dies as well as our seasoned dies.
- Ability to perform all duties needed to condition complex high speed progressive dies that can run up to 1500 SPM while maintaining close tolerances.
- Experience with tooling print packages: 2D AutoCAD or 3D Creo model designs
- Ability to read prints, assembly views to help in the assembling, conditioning and improvement processes of our build is key.
- Knowledgeable of the process of “Red-Lining” prints, models, or assemblies to help designers understand changes or improvements needed or suggested.
- Ability to use precision measurement equipment such as comparator, height gage, jo blocks, tool makers microscope, and whatever tools used to inspect stamped parts and tooling.
- Being initiative-taking and meticulous helps to keep track of project duration, project tooling, and overall project progress.
- Desired qualifications or experience:
- Wide array of different die platforms.
- Multi out dies.
- In die assembly.
- In die laser welding.
- Vision systems.
- Offline greasing.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70K – $105K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets