Director of Process Development Engineering- REMOTE
Location: #, PA, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $16 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” www.te.com.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations for Process Development Engineering (MPDE), the Director of Cable Assembly MPDE will be responsible for defining and executing a manufacturing strategy for the business unit’s high-speed cable assembly portfolio. With a team of approximately 50 engineers, primarily in manufacturing facilities in Asia and Mexico, this position will work cross-functionally with the Product Management, Product Development, Quality, and Operations teams to develop both manufacturing processes for cable assemblies to meet the business needs around product performance, quality, and cost expectations.
The role will impact the business by developing diverse engineering talent and manufacturing technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic market, expanding our leading position in the marketplace, and promoting growth.
- Ensure that the MPDE teams for the high-speed cable assembly product portfolios develop the process technology and manufacturing strategies needed to meet and exceed both near-term and next-gen objectives.
- Managing resources, technical risks, and costs to ensure on-time development of new products.
- Work closely with plant operations teams to ensure successful hand-off of new process technology into high-volume production and sustaining.
- Collaborate across disciplines and functions to gain insight into business and operational goals. Shape the Operation Manufacturing strategy and Create value by deploying effective manufacturing technologies.
- Act as a voting member of project review/approval committees, challenging project teams on execution fidelity to plan and highlighting risks/gaps.
- Set relevant and actionable performance goals aligned to the Business Unit strategy with a focus on developing capabilities and increasing efficiency and productivity.
- Build a strong talent pipeline with a focus on talent development and succession planning.
- Drive manufacturing cost reduction by aligning MPDE teams to business needs and focusing on DFM & DFC.
- Additional responsibilities include interfacing with customers during manufacturing reviews/plant audits, and presenting updates/strategy to the senior leadership team.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing principles such as automation, assembly, machining, stamping, plating, and molding.
- Experience with new processes and product development for medium to high-volume manufacturing products.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the business’s priorities and align initiatives on the highest impact areas.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders across disciplines to drive and develop business strategies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Sound foundation of Manufacturing Quality systems and principles.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple cultures and countries.
- Working experience negotiating with equipment suppliers.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally between 20% - 35%.
- 12+ years leading product/process development organization.
- BS in ME or EE, MS or greater preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturing domains with and business acumen critical to the success of the role (Stamping, plating, molding, soldering, high-speed cable, PLC, materials-metal alloys & resins, laser ablation/welding).
- 8+ years’ experience with new products/manufacturing process development, verification, and ramping.
- Experience in high-speed cable assembly or optical products for data center applications is an advantage but not critical for the position.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Proven experience leading and coaching to improve individual and team performance.
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and root-cause tools.
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic global environment with multiple changing priorities.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $167,800.00 – $251,800.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets