PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I - Entry Level
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What You'll be Doing....
- Experienced skills with CAD software including AutoCAD, CREO, Inventor, SolidWorks, or equivalent and WPA PDM
- Design and supervise builds of process fixturing to be utilized by the manufacturing team
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation, including drawings, schematics, and product specifications.
- Support the product development process
- Supervise and troubleshoot engineering sample builds
- Support product validation and verification testing
- Computer skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
What your background should look like:
- Automation design and controls / Vision system experience
- SPC / Six Sigma experience
- DFM/A experience
- Screen printing knowledge
- Manual assembly knowledge
- Piezo film knowledge is a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $63,400 – $95,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets