MAINTENANCE MECHANIC III
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
The Process Maintenance - Maintenance Mechanic III position is responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and improving all plant equipment, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Great opportunity for an individual with a strong desire to be a part of an integral team and become a vital resource in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Strong knowledge of PLC-controlled equipment. (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Direct Logic)
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs plant equipment including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Responsible for reducing equipment downtime.
- Recommends and makes improvements to plant equipment.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production.
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment using programmable logic controller information Performs electrical wiring from low voltage through 480 Volt 3-phase industrial systems.
- Efficiently use the company’s software to track preventive maintenance activities and maintain department paperwork and records.
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with the immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance. May be required to work irregular shifts and be on call.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
The shift is Monday to Friday 3 pm to 11:30 pm with 10% shift diff - Weekend coverage once a month is required.
What your background should look like:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Operate Facility equipment, compressors, boilers, and fire system and execute security details.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computer—PC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Understand written instructions and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or achieved a GED
- Strong mechanical aptitude, related work experience, or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Journeyman electrical license is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Remain in a stationary position while troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Regularly move about to access different parts of the plant and when transporting parts, equipment, and sections of conveyor weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Move and position products when installing and repairing motors, gearboxes, and conveyors weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Position products on pallets/carts and maneuver gearboxes and motors requiring up to 85 pounds of force.
- Position oneself to access lower levels of equipment when repairing, troubleshooting, or installing parts.
- Reach forward and overhead when accessing various areas of equipment.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access and work atop conveyors, using scissors and boom lifts, and when troubleshooting and hanging conveyors.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will be expected to work in a manufacturing plant environment, which may include being exposed to work in high, precarious, and confined spaces, outdoor weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, and extreme heat. The individual may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and its Amendments.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $47,700 – $71,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets