Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Calibration & Metrology Specialist will apply knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics, and electronics to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment in the Electrical, Mechanical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, Fluid, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy.
- Calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in one or more of the following disciplines – Electrical, Mechanical, Dimensional, DC/Low Frequency, Fluid, Thermodynamics, and Time & Frequency, to ensure compliance with published specifications.
- Work with outside suppliers and OEM’s for calibration and repair of measurement and test equipment including fiber optic test equipment.
- Identify and utilize appropriate measurement procedures.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repair of precision equipment.
- Develop calibration procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements.
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and record data gathered during calibration
What your background should look like:
- Minimum AS degree, formal PMEL training, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of calibration experience. Will consider less than 3 years if applicant’s AS degree is in Measurement Science & Metrology Technology
- Strong computer skills, high technical acumen.
- Experience with reading and interpreting various standards/specifications to perform calibration setups. Be
- Able to recognize and understand failure modes, correlate data as it pertains to specific criteria., document all pertinent information/data.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70K - $105K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets