OpEx FP&A ANALYST III
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Financial Planning & Analysis Teams develop, interpret and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control. They perform technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. They gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. The Financial Planning & Analysis Teams also perform economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
This position will have global responsibility for managing our R&D expenses (at ~ $70M), and will be business partner to TE Sensors’ VP, Chief Technology Officer and R&D leadership team. Core responsibilities include forecasting, budgeting, explanation of variances of actual to forecast and prior years, etc. Additionally, this position will perform analyses and support business partners to address the cost saving actions, and investment needed to meet short-term forecast, and align with long term strategic plan. The FP&A R&D Analyst will report to Sensors Opex Manager. Location:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the single point of contact to CTO, R&D team, and CFO and Sensors FP&A team to manage and analyze global R&D expenses.
- Accurately forecast our R&D expenses and Capex with the level of details in partnership with the R&D managers, provide the insight and the key drivers for forecast YoY change, vs prior forecast, and actual vs forecast, etc. Able to present in front of the R&D leadership team and Finance team.
- Proactively partner with R&D managers to understand the key drivers of our R&D expenses and to allow them to evaluate the financial impacts of their decisions including headcount change and investment of variable project spend. Make sure the cost and investment decisions align with the overall business strategies for growth and Business Simplification.
- Address risks and opportunities, able to propose the cost saving actions to the R&D leadership team.
- Partner with Global FP&A team on providing timely monthly variance analysis and quarterly forecasts so as to meet Segment forecasting /reporting requirement, as well as to provide necessary support to Subvertical General Managers
- Support R&D team on capital investment financial analysis and help with the discussion on prioritization /trade-off. Make sure capital investment on R&D align with the Strategy Plan.
- Continuous focus on TEOA-F, working on process improvement, such as spending by engineering projects, etc. Gradually implement the concept of ‘Zero-Based Budgeting’
- To be an expert on Hyperion Planning cost center tool and leverage the tool to improve the reporting/analysis to R&D managers.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or other analytical field.
- 2+ years of experience working with SAP, financial analysis, reporting, and distilling key takeaways from a set of data.
- Proven capability to work collaboratively in a cross functional environment.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with senior management including the Sensors CTO, CFO, etc.
- Peer relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration
- Career ambition – Knows what he/she wants from a career and actively works on it; is career knowledgeable; makes things happen for self; markets self for opportunities; doesn’t wait for others to open doors
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
SET: Strategy, Execution, Talent
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $77,000 – $116,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets