QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER I
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for handling customer complaints and ensuring an appropriate solution is found for these complaints. The ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment and leading process improvement initiative.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure resolution is aligned with TE processes and procedures.
- Implement action plans and improve processes to prevent/reduce future customer complaints.
- Analyze customer data/manufacturing processes to identify possible risks, understand consequences of costs and determine viability of customer partnerships.
- Communicate with internal groups regarding on customer reported problems and manufacturing quality reported problems.
- Mobilize teams of direct and non-direct reports to address customer issues.
- Support development and maintenance of manufacturing process based on Voice of the Customer (VOC) and product engineering information.
- Process Quality System requests as required.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor Degree required, Quality Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with ISO Company or supported ISO certification.
- Experience driving continuous quality improvement in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience in use of Quality tools.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57,520k - $86,280k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets