SR PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes. Are you a self-starter, an influencer, and passionate about utilizing your engineering / manufacturing background to manage innovative projects? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineers to work collaboratively supporting our customer’s hybrid, electric mobility solutions (E Mobility) products. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a leader to manage tier-1 projects / programs for an OEM customer.
What your background should look like:
Sr. Project Management requires an unusual mix of project management skills, communication skills, and a passion for business & technology. As a member of the E mobility team, the Senior Project Manager Engineer will manage complex product development projects and will champion the business unit’s LEAN product development process. The individual will monitor project metrics and ensure that projects are on track to successful completion. The project manager is expected to be a self-starter, use good judgment, and escalate issues to management if necessary. This position is responsible for creating project schedules, executing programs to PMO & customer standards, identifying/removing resource constraints, and presenting project summaries to management, customers and other stakeholders.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will:
- Support the New and current high Voltage connectors in the EV Industry.
- Achieve On-Time Delivery project performance objectives and report out progress.
- Oversee, contribute, and maintain action items in technical conversations with the customer.
- Manage project scheduling and gap closure requirements as needed by holding team members accountable.
- Achieve scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Participate in and lead as required Phase Gate Reviews.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis.
Most immediately, you will:
- Join the E Mobility team working on the high voltage product portfolio. This role will have significant, direct exposure to customers and will include issue tracking and product configuration management for products that have recently launched Sonora Ops
- Manage our customer so that they are providing TE with the necessary deliverables so that TE can achieve on time, on cost and on quality results to their expectations.
- Work closely with all stakeholders coordinating product/process changes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or 5 to 7 years of New Product Development.
Experience with Tier-1 automotive supplier or OEM supplier.
Knowledge of cost models and P&L statements.
Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and lead regional cross-functional teams.
Experience with change and risk management.
Effective communicator and negotiator.
Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability in Automotive Industry (DFM)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,000 – $147,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets