MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER II (Stamping)
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with experience in high-speed progressive stamping preferably in the Automotive Connector Industry. A highly motivated team member that delivers a well developed manufacturing solution by the selection of the most suitable manufacturing platforms relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. Our team members lead the interface between Product Engineering and the Production departments to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp to the agreed upon goals.
What your background should look like:
Our team also supports Product Research & Development teams in the selection and optimization of tools for product samples and prototype part production.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ Years of production experience in a high-volume automotive connector stamping environment
- 2-4 Years of experience developing new Dies and Stamping processes
- 3+ Years of experience working with CAD (CREO or Solid Works)
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Steels, carbides, and coatings used in cutting and forming tooling
- Stamping press functions and operations (Bruderer controllers a Plus)
- Programming of vision systems and camera technology
- Laser welding processes
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience
- Demonstrated motivational and leadership skills
- Proficient in the English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and operational experience will be considered
- Project leadership experience, with strong organization and project management skills
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $71,000 – $107,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets