SUPV III CNC
Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery; they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Job Overview TE Connectivity's CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery; they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining departmental and individual goals and performance measures.
- Ensure members adhere to all work instructions and quality requirements.
- Responsible for managing budget, indirect labor expenses, purchase orders, etc.
- Actively motivates direct reports and team/project members.
- Works with moderate guidance and supervision from leader or more senior level peers.
- Collaborates with others on continuous process improvement and cost reduction plans.
- Aligns individual and team/departmental goals to support overall organizational goals. Motivates and recognizes members on achievements.
- Coordinates work load requirements and work scheduling with teams.
- Develops, reviews and maintains staffing requirements.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations, development, discipline and terminations.
- Responsible for interviewing and selection of new members.
- Coordinates all activities of direct members and provides resources to achieve team goals.
- Identify and provide resources for member development and training. Identify training needs related to safety, quality, new technologies and application tools.
- Responsible for maintaining training plans. Other Functions
- Trains new members as required providing support and expertise
- May require overtime, weekend and night shift work Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Solid knowledge of business computer systems and PC tools.
- Ability to quickly learn processes, equipment and tools used in specific areas of responsibility.
- Ability to analyze and present information using data.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities through strong team-building and problem-solving
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize day-to-day activities and issues within functional area.
- Ability to delegate effectively and follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deliver presentations in a comprehensive and professional manner to department and peers.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to motivate teams and resolve member related issues.
Education or Formal Training
- US – High School Diploma or equivalent
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $86,680 – $108,350 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.