SUPV II SHIPPING & RECEIVING
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Shipping & Receiving Teams perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. They use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. They follow shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. The Shipping & Receiving Teams receive incoming materials and prepare materials for shipment. They process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents. They also route merchandise to destinations.
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join the team. The Warehouse Supervisor will manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain operation to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse.
- leading inventory activities inside warehouse.
- Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
- On time delivery service for all internal and external customers.
- Ensure ordering needed supplies for warehouse functioning (consumable & equipment).
- Maintain KPIs at Targets defined and ensure follow up and actions in case of deviation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What your background should look like:
- Degree or Masters in business, management, logistics or a related field preferred.
- 3 years minimum background in warehousing in a supervisory or a similar management position.
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management.
- Time management skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership and the ability to delegate.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using SAP.
- Proven ability to work in teams with strong initiative.
** This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee. **
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Core hours are from Monday through Friday, 5:00 am - 3:30 pm or 7:00 am - 4:30 pm. 40 Hours per week, reasonable flexibility.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $60,000 - $90,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets