Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position is within the internal tooling center.
- Follow safety guidelines as a plant priority
- Works with quality top of mind.
- Studies blueprints, determines machining operations necessary and determines proper sequence of operations considering such factors as type of metal, shape of metal, size of part, finish requirements and machining time.
- Requires judgment and basic problem-solving skills to accomplish tasks
- Duties and tasks are more complex and less routine.
- May creatively adapt procedures, techniques, and/or equipment to meet job requirements.
- May provide training and guidance to others
- Follow company and department guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
- Associate’s Degree in Tool making or related field is preferred.
- Completion of Accredited 4 year Apprenticeship program strongly preferred
- CNC Machining program certificate or diploma strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in mold or die making and/or maintenance, or machining
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Capable of working to close tolerances up to +/- .0001
- Ability to operate milling machines, surface grinders, CNC, EDM, Wire EDM and other shop equipment.
- Ability to operate precision measurement devices.
- Programming and ProE experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of tool design and understanding of fit and function of mold or die components.
- Basic understanding of Plastics and Mold Tooling or Stamping and Die Tooling.
- Excellent math skills including a working knowledge of trigonometry which includes roll dimensions and compound angles.
- Good communication skills
- Works under limited or minimal supervision, referring only complex issues to higher levels.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $47K - $70K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets