ASSEMBLY OPERATOR IV
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you can make an impact working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
TE’s Application Tooling team has an established history of innovation, from the invention of the first solderless crimp hand tool in 1941 through the recent launch of automated machines to process high voltage cable terminations for hybrid electric vehicles. Our flexible solutions range from hand tools for prototyping and low production needs up to state-of-the-art equipment that can produce millions of crimps a year.
The Application Tooling division is seeking an assembler/technician to join our Applicator Team. position reporting to management in Middletown, Pennsylvania. In this position, on-site work is required.
In this challenging and rewarding position, you will assemble, analyze, and optimize products within the Applicator portfolio to meet customer objectives and the product management strategy. Using your mechanical assembly and manufacturing knowledge and experience, you will solve problems, recommend solutions, and share information related to custom tools which satisfy demanding performance objectives and cost targets. You will work within a team of engineers and designers, and frequently collaborate with them, our manufacturing teams, and our internal model shop.
The ideal candidate will have strong mechanical aptitude, a familiarity with manufacturing methods, problem solving and communication skills and a demonstrated passion for improvement. In addition, the ideal candidate will be a quick learner, with the ability to progress multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
What your background should look like:
- Experience with mechanical assembly of tools and machines (Applicators or other crimp tools preferred)
- Experience with crimp quality guidelines, and inspecting to these guidelines
- Proficient with measuring equipment such as comparators, smart scopes, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Proficiency in print reading and interpretation, with a deep understand of tolerancing, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience with interpreting and applying industry standards, such as USCAR.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $20.72 - 31.11 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets