STAFF QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position is responsible for direct interaction, support, and customer quality management, assuring that QSRs and QMS are in accordance with regulatory standards and promote continuous improvement of the Quality System. Other duties may be assigned on an individual basis:
This position will report directly to the Quality Manager. This position has no direct reports but must serve as a mentor to technicians and inspectors in order to foster team growth and competency.
- Implementation of quality system documentation that is in compliance with the quality manual and associated Leader Standard Work (LSW) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop and execute to Validation Master Plans, Equipment Qualifications, Process Validations, and test method validations for successful transfer from development to manufacturing working in a cross-functional group.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the PFMEA and Control Plan process for manufacturing.
- Support/participate in regulatory agency and customer quality audits.
- Participate in design and process control activities to ensure that products meet specifications, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Working knowledge of CAPA management to drive root cause analysis and practical corrective and preventive solutions. Utilize formal problem- solving techniques to resolve product and/or process related issues.
- Write and or assist in development of protocols, technical investigation plans, engineering reports, and related procedures which ensure statistical validity, adequacy, and compliance to regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Working knowledge of concepts of probability and statistics as well as aide in updating/establishing SPC and Gage R&R studies.
- Work with suppliers of both raw materials and components to improve product quality and/or resolve quality issues.
- Provides problem solving support, clarification of process performance requirements, to successfully complete assigned tasks as directed.
- Manage project transfers related activities
- Collaborates with other Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Inspectors to ensure that:
o Quality Problems are not transferred downstream
- Collaborates with other functions to implement quality improvement projects per fiscal year objectives accordingly.
What your background should look like:
- BS/BA degree with an engineering, or business emphasis highly preferred.
- Certified Quality Engineer or MS degree desirable
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt a plus
- Experience with Lean Concepts preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality related role preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $94,300 - $141,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets