Key Account Manager
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The TE Sensors (TES) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced Key Account Manager (KAM) in the Transportations Automotive Sensors (TAS) group to drive revenue and new sensor business opportunities in the OEM automotive account base. The KAM is the focal point of contact for global OEM automotive customers and/or automotive Tier 1 suppliers. KAMs will identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business development strategies relating to the development of their most strategic customers. They will also manage specific customer accounts, with responsibility for customer relationship management, forecasting, sales support, and customer roadmaps. They identify market and customer opportunities and determine the feasibility of business and customer development. The KAM will coordinate with Field Application Engineers and Product Managers. The Key Account Manager for Sensors is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive OEM automotive sensor sales and business development strategy to grow a profitable sensors business. This position reports directly to the Regional Sales and BD Leader.
What You'll Be Doing....
As a Key Account Manager, you are responsible for;
- Develop and execute a 5-year Customer strategic account plan to drive +10% annual profitable growth in OEM automotive and/or Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- Map out complete sensor opportunities per vehicle and/or regional/global platforms
- Go up and down customers’ organizations (engineering, purchasing, marketing, legal, etc)
- Drive comprehensive communication and team alignment to deliver the Automotive Sensor strategic plan through support from customer care, quality, engineering, product management, operations, and legal
- Manage executive relationships with major customers and business partners to ensure strategic alignment.
- Drive go-to-market strategy in support of the Automotive Sensor strategy
- Lead and stand accountable for the regular sales operations, including revenue generation, revenue monitoring and forecasting, new business development and design wins, and customer relationship management
- TE Pipeline development and conversion to design wins and sales revenue
- YoY revenue growth
- 5-year strategic growth targets
- Own sales funnel (SFDC) and maintain forecast accuracy
- This role requires active engagement with customers, including activities such as commercial transactions, project identification and support, contract negotiation, issue resolution, and long-term technical partnerships
- Stay updated on relevant local, regional, and global automotive regulations, market trends, and technology trends
What your background should look like:
- BS in Engineering is required, MBA preferred
- Must have 7 years or more experience with OEM automotive customers and/or Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- At least 7 years or more in technical field sales or marketing
- Sales/Engineering experience in the semiconductor or sensor industry a plus
- EV/PHEV powertrain, brake systems, motors, battery, ADAS experience a plus
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Innovative problem solver
- Experience working with MS Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook (Salesforce is a plus)
- Travel flexibility up to 75 % within the assigned territory or customer base and TE sites
- This is a remote position preferably located in the Upper Midwest (MI preferred)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $104,000 – $156,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets