IMPORT/EXPORT TRADE ANALYST II (Remote Hourly Role)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization, and the Medical Business Unit Analyst plays a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the Business Unit (BU).
The BU Analyst serves as a trusted advisor and key team member within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU. The purpose of this role is to facilitate TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and support effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports into Americas Manager Global Trade Services (GTS) and is a key member of the Global Trade Services (GTS) team. As part of the GTS team, the Medical Analyst will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, and working together.
- Execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the assigned BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a point of contact for BU stakeholders on trade-related matters.
- Work with BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risk and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, highly developed oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion.
In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 3+ years’ experience in global trade compliance
- Functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- Proven ability to work with variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement and finance
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer focused with a commitment to quality
- Travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $61,840k per year / $29.73 per hour - $92,760k per year / $44.59 per hour (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets