2nd shift_Maintenance Technician
Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities.
- Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. “Safety First” expectations include, but are not limited to, compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures
- This position requires the employee to work with limited supervision
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Handle complex assignments requiring independent action and initiative
- Perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on plant equipment
- Discuss technical data with engineers and other maintenance technicians as required
- Work with engineering to modify and/or improve existing machinery to enhance its operation
- Participate in problem solving activities
- May support facilities maintenance and other duties as assigned by engineers and manager
- Observe and support all safety and ethics policies
- Must be able to adhere to the published work schedule while being flexible in hours based on workload
- Maintain proactiveness and care for assets
What your background should look like:
- High school graduate with at least (3) years' experience in a maintenance role
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and abilities
- Effective troubleshooting
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify and deal with any risks that may exist during work activities.
- Capable of trouble shooting automation control problems and improve system performance in manufacturing environment.
- Ensures site is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and electrical safety statutes.
- Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools, Multimeter, Calibrator, Field Communicator, Power Logger, Oscilloscope
- Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment when needed
- Must be able to utilize industrial powered vehicles (RTFL, Forklift, Aerial Lift, Scissor Lift)
- Work near equipment with high levels of electrical incident energy
- Must have a working knowledge and proficiency with installing, repairing and maintaining industrial electrical components and equipment.
- Lighting, electrical protective devices, motors, inverters, soft starts, wye-delta systems, generators along with Relay and ethernet based control
- Must have a working knowledge of schematics, mathematics, preventive/predictive technologies.
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform calibration and documentation of functions pertaining to the key elements of: Flow Measurement, Level Measurement, Pressure, Temperature, Analytical Instrumentation
- Must be able to troubleshoot process control loops – using key elements and specialized testing equipment
- Must have an awareness and be able to perform functions pertaining to: Terminating motor starters, control & power wires; Cut, thread, bend and install raceway, conduit and cable trays in an industrial setting; Install wire through raceway and cable trays.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $42K – $64K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets