Kitting Operator 1st Shift 6am - 2:30pm
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into fi nished goods and ensurecomponent fl ow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
As a Kitting Operator, a typical day may include:
- Pack & kit packing orders to customer specifications while maintaining speed, accuracy and quality
- Operate minor equipment such as auto baggers and weigher's
- Sorting, picking and selecting required material
- Achieve performance targets of productivity, quality and cost
- Register transactions in a bar code/scanner computer system
- Proper material handling and packaging that requires operation of a pallet jack
- Accurate physical count of material quantity to resolve discrepancies
- Participate in proactive team eff orts to achieve departmental and company goals
What TE Offers
Our commitment to our associates includes off ering total rewards benefi t programs that are comprehensive,competitive, and meet the changing needs of our team members.
- The opportunity to build lifesaving products for our customers
- Competitive base pay based on experience; with a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shift premium pay.
- Annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- Employee referral program
- 401(k) retirement savings with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement to support your development and education goals
- 10 weeks of paid maternal and paternal time off and ease back to work
- Competitive paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefi ts for team members and their families with benefi ts starting day one,company funded health savings accounts and company paid short-term and long-term disability.
What your background should look like:
High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Good communication skills, ability to interact in a very dynamic and diverse environment
- Basic computer skills to operate scanners, download work orders, print labels and analyze work instructions
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, handling materials, reaching, bending, sometimes requires lifting upto 40 pounds, moderate noise
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $15.29/Hour (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets