DATA ENGINEER II
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are building a world class advanced analytics team that will solve some of the most complex strategic problems and deliver topline growth and operational efficiencies across our business The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice. TE is looking for a Senior Data Lake Developer that has experience in building data lake architectures using AWS and related technologies.
In this position you will apply your skills to manage the existing cloud data platform to make it more scalable, reliable, and cost efficient. You will also work on additional projects that would leverage the existing architecture in some cases and use newer technologies where needed.
- Design and develop data lakes, manage data flows that integrate information from various sources into a common data lake platform through an ETL Tool
- Code and manage delta lake implementations on S3 using technologies like Apache Hoodie or Databricks
- Triage, debug and fix technical issues related to Data Lakes
- Design and Develop Data warehouses for Scale
- Design and Evaluate Data Models (Star, Snowflake and Flattened)
- Design data access patterns for OLTP and OLAP based transactions
- Coordinate with Business and Technical teams through all the phases in the software development life cycle
- Participate in making major technical and architectural decisions
- Maintain and Manage Code repositories like Git
What your background should look like:
- 5+ Years of Experience operating on AWS Cloud with building Data Lake architectures
- 3+ Years of Experience with AWS Data services like S3, Glue, Lake Formation, EMR, Kinesis, RDS, DMS and Redshift
- 3+ Years of Experience building Data Warehouses on Snowflake, Redshift, HANA, Teradata, Exasol etc.
- 3+ Years of working knowledge in Spark
- 3+ Years of Experience in building Delta Lakes using technologies like Apache Hoodie or Data bricks
- 3+ Years of Experience working on any ETL tools and technologies
- 3+ Years of Experience in any programming language (Python, R, Scala, Java)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, data science, data analytics or related field
- Experience working on Agile projects and Agile methodology in general
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $91,520 – $137,280 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets