MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN III
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
The Energy business unit in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Technician to support the current staff of manufacturing engineers. The primary focus will be supporting production processes with an initial focus on injection molding. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced, fluid manufacturing environment.
Duties/responsibilities of the job:
Including but not limited to:
-Support production through the daily troubleshooting of processing problems. Focus will be on plastics molding processes primarily injection molding with thermoforming as a secondary area of focus. Must be willing to learn other processes (compounding, extrusion) over time.
-Demonstrated expertise/experience in processing-in new molds to achieve dimensional acceptance. Will also perform simple mold maintenance (cleaning and conditioning)
-Work closely with existing manufacturing staff to support new projects and product introductions.
-Prepare/modify all documentation associated with the manufacturing process (BOM’s, Router’s, Standard Work, Process Run/Setup Sheets, etc).
-Initiate improvement ideas and actions to improve the manufacturability of the products as well as improve safety quality and cost.
- Ability to manage small projects efficiently to complete on time and within budget.
Please note: this role is 1st shift, Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day - typical hours 8 - 5.
What your background should look like:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment; or High School degree with 4+ years’ experience
- Injection molding experience, preferred.
- Experience in the application and use of LEAN tools.
- Experience with plastics molding and finishing operations specifically the operation of punch presses, picking robots, ultrasonic welders, etc.
- Support manufacturing engineers in the execution of cost reduction projects and help projects stay on time and within budget.
- Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high paced environment
- Good communication skills. Flexibility to change pace or focus as needed.
- Experience with ERP system set up and use is a plus (SAP and/or MFGPRO)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus.
- 2D or 3D CAD proficiency a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $21.54 hour – $32.31 hour (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets