MAINTENANCE MECHANIC III
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
SUMMARY: TE Connectivity's Maintenance Team diagnoses and repairs machine breakdowns and may rebuild machines as required. Expert in electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems required to run plant machinery and facility. May perform preventive maintenance as required.
The Maintenance Mechanic III will have a paramount priority towards safety and productivity and will work diligently to help sustain an effective and efficient maintenance department. Work is often performed under time and budgeting constraints to help achieve the sites operating efficiency goals and preventative maintenance performance results. The successful candidate must be analytical, detail-oriented, and enjoy a challenging work environment. This position will report to the Manager of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on production and facilities equipment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment failures. Work with vendors to complete equipment repairs.
- Perform new installations.
- Effectively communicate status and conditions of repair to team and leaders of the site.
- Perform corrective maintenance and other types of work orders as assigned.
- Perform studies for Energy efficiency opportunities.
- Perform process and equipment improvements to enhance its operation.
- Write reports to communicate and document equipment and process conditions.
- Train others in their field of expertise.
- Perform general building maintenance including plumbing, light carpentry, Snow removal, basic electrical, and after hours on call response.
- Keep track of all paperwork, time, and work orders.
- Work with engineering to modify and/or improve existing machinery to enhance its operation.
- Perform preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on plant equipment.
- Discuss technical data with engineers and other maintenance technicians as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Motivation and Planning/Organizing - Measures self against standard of excellence. Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes all safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
What your background should look like:
IMPORTANT: This will be a Facility and Maintenance position that is a 2nd shift with the following working hours: Monday to Friday 2 pm to 10:30 pm.
- AAS in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Industrial Technology plus 2+ years’ experience in electronics or mechanical field or 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical repair, motor controls in plant environment
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code; Electrical Contractors License preferred.
- Math skills (electrical wiring work requires use of decimals, percentages)
- 1+ year experience in heating/air conditioning and refrigeration based on work area assigned.
- Eligible candidates must possess a Universal C.F.C. Certification.
- Experience using micrometers, gauges, rulers (metric and standard).
- PLC Programming experience preferred.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Intermediate Electrical Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Building Management Systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to train others.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee must comply with all safety policies and safe work procedures established by the company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $47,700 – $71,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets