Product Management Intern
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 85,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Click here for to learn more about the African Heritage Scholarship Program
Segment, Business Unit or Corporate Group
This position will be part of the AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS UNIT--By 2030, the automotive landscape will be defined by more sustainable, safer and convenient ways of moving around. Our vision is to co-create connectivity solutions that will be key enablers of this transformation.
The location for this position is Winston Salem, NC (3800 Reidsville Road, Winston-Salem, NC, 27101)
As an Intern in the Automotive Business Unit, you will:
Experience an exciting summer internship opportunity to support us in managing all aspects of the product life cycle, from strategic planning to day-to-day tactical activities. You will have the chance to use your education, experience, and creativity to work across functions including project management, operations, engineering, sales, pricing, and marketing to make an impact. Also, you will get hands-on experience, exposure to senior leaders and opportunities to learn, network, and have a great time.
- Work with lead Product Managers to perform analysis related to go-to-market and end-of-life strategies.
- Work across functions to identify opportunities to optimize the product value stream and leverage profitability.
- Support in product lifecycle management by providing product trend analysis, competitive analysis, and benchmarking to the lead PM(s).
- Assist in championing the resolution of product issues across functions, e.g. delivery, quality, inventory.
You’re the kind of person we are looking for if you are:
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS Degree in Business Administration, Business Analytics or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Have previous internship or large project experience
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $17.64 – 38.64/hour (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
TE has a robust internship program that provides our interns with an abundance of resources to feel included as part of our TEam. Every summer we coordinate various educational and networking events for our interns. The TE University Relations team will be hosting virtual meetups, information sessions, tours, skill building presentations, and topping it off with National Intern Day celebration activities.
A unique employee resource group we have is the Young Professionals Employee Resource Group (ERG). This group is committed to creating a highly engaged and empowered cross-functional network of young professionals by placing high value in Professional Development, Networking Opportunities and Community Involvement to drive the success of our interns.
In addition to the ERG, we also provide our interns with complete access to our internal library of self-lead courses. These courses include academies like leadership to help the interns develop their development in becoming future leaders at our organization. To help with their professional growth, we provide access to Mentors via our NAVIGATE platform. Mentors serve as a guide to navigate the organization and provide additional support in their career endeavors at the company. Our program provides a holistic experience for interns that targets professional development and personal growth.
Our internship program typically runs May thru August and gives students the opportunity to work on projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10–12-week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
TE Connectivity recruits on campus between September and March for Internship positions beginning in May. Once you have applied to a position, your resume and application will be reviewed. If you are selected to move to the next step in the application process, you will be contacted by a recruiter. Once you accept an offer, the onboarding process will begin in January for interns who have committed to offers in the fall semester and upon acceptance for interns who have committed to offers in the spring semester.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets