PRODUCT MANAGER IV (Remote)
Location: Paoli, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership, and capacity plans to meet sales and profit targets.
The Data and Devices (D&D) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Global Product Manager to join the High-Speed Cable Assembly product team.
The Product Manager will manage all aspects of a global product line or portfolio, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing and sales. The Product Manager runs the portfolio as a “mini” GM. He is responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership, and capacity plans to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment-specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
Manage the Product Lifecycle
- Execution – New Product Development & Launch
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
Execution – Post-Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution of gaps
- Be the champion for resolving product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
Develop Business Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally to define sales, technology, and operations strategies and goals aligned with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish a pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of product management, engineering, or technical sales experience
- 4-year technical degree required; electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
- Relevant high-speed interconnect industry experience preferred
- Prior P&L management experience
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high high-pacedronment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $119,100 - $178,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets