QLTY & RELIABILITY TECHNICIAN III
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability team analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established document management processes. They develop, review, revise and install quality control systems and document managing systems. They conduct analysis on product conformity documentation. They will read/interpret customer contract requirements for documenting product quality. They are responsible for complying with policies and practices related to applicable government regulations and industry requirements and regulatory submissions. TE’s Quality and Reliability teams participate in root cause and corrective action processes, as well as direct customer communication.
- Applies knowledge, skills, judgement and initiative to complete a wide range of difficult tasks related to documentation of product conformance
- Utilize industry best practices to maintain a state-of-the-art electronic filing and documentation system
- Maintains the integrity of test results by complying with Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system requirements.
- Maintains record keeping per TE and customer requirements
- Coordinates maintenance and repair of electrical/electronic testing equipment
- Ensures all safety requirements are met and followed
- Overtime and temporary shift in hours may be required at times.
- May be required to prepare and/or assist in the preparation of Test Reports
- May be required to be trained to perform other Quality and Reliability functions as needed or deemed appropriate.
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system
- Provide support to departmental Quality Inspectors as necessary to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and to drive product quality
- Assist in the development of Quality Plans, FAIs, implement established methods for new and existing products for inspection and test procedures
- Utilizes a range of knowledge and experience to make informed judgments
- Represent the Quality Department in a variety of quality improvement areas such as the Cost Reduction Projects, Material Review Board, and Continuous Improvement
- Create, review & submit document package per customer’s contract requirements.
- Review contract requirements & quality clauses applicable to each customer PO
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Computer, scanner
- Third party inspection, scanning and storage software
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat
Shift is Monday to Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm - flexible schedule, Overtime, and willingness to work on different time zone as needed for rare occasions.
What your background should look like:
- High School diploma and 4 years of related experience or local equivalent; AA degree in related field a plus
- Self-starter and willing to take ownership of issues/processes
- Ability to Read, Interpret, & Comprehend instructions and Designs (Internal & Customer Prints)
- Capable of following lab policies and procedures
- Strong verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds
- Proficient Computer skills: including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, MS Project
- Must be able to manually grab, push, pull, or lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Experienced in Defense customers is a plus
- This individual must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S. or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $46,720 – $70,080 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets