SUPV I QUALITY CONTROL
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Responsible for leading and managing an inspection team of ~10-15 employees (including temporary workers). Responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company’s policies, procedures, and activities in assisting the inspection of Raw Materials and Extrusion Products. Ensures company KPI's (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People) are continuously met. Develops engaged and empowered teams to deliver peak performance.
This is a 1st shift position working Monday-Friday – 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM with responsibility for employees across 3 shifts Monday-Friday.
- Ensure a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping, for all team members that comply with EH&S/Quality policies and procedures.
- Manages day-to-day inspection activities to ensure multi-shift team is effective.
- Determine if labor resources are sufficient to meet inspection requirements and communicate needs to management, human resources, and staffing agencies. Interview and hire employees and temporary workers. Develop overtime schedules as necessary to achieve on-time delivery. Endure resources are properly trained to ensure compliance and reduce variation.
- Manage employee performance and absenteeism in accordance with company policy and local employment laws.
- Define goals, develop standard work, improve technologies/processes, and determine best course of action to meet KPI’s and resolve issues.
- Track inspection issues, define improvement actions, and monitor effectiveness.
- Collaborates across functions to align on priorities and escalate issues in order to meet customer requirements.
- Contributes to continuous improvement activities to improve compliance and increase productivity.
- Assist with inspection activities to meet business needs.
- Assists engineers/technicians in test method validations and product qualifications.
What your background should look like:
- High School diploma required; 2- year technical or supervisory management degree preferred.
- 1- 3 years supervising minimum 5 direct reports.
- Demonstrated competence with measurement systems (vision system, laser micrometer, pin gages, drop gages, etc.)
- Experience in extrusion is a plus.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written.
- Ability to manage conflict, operate without bias, and uphold company values.
- Demonstrated experience developing employees.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Inspection experience within medical device manufacturing desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Understanding of ISO 13485 is a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57,472 - 86,208
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets