CLOUD GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you will unleash your potential by working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
TE’s DnD business unit is seeking an experienced and savvy Global Account Manager to join our Hyperscale sales team to lead one of our top Hyperscale accounts on a global basis. As the GAM team leader for this account, you will be responsible for all aspects of GAM account growth, including successful relationship building with all Customer critical contacts in the Bay Area, Austin, and Asia, new design wins, market share gains, and market share analysis. As the GAM, you will be the overall account lead, encompassing coordinating projects that often contain synchronized US and Asia activity. You will also lead Legal discussions related to long-term contracts. You will report directly to the Director of Global Hyperscale Sales and will have two direct reports, including one in Taiwan.
This is a remote position but must be based in the San Jose Bay Area.
- Meet locally with Customers in the Bay Area and engineering in Austin, TX, with high frequency. Develop all critical relationships with the Customer’s Engineering and Procurement teams and extended Asian / European ODM teams.
- Identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer, find appropriate solutions in conjunction with your supporting FAE and Sales Architect teams.
- Manage customer Account Manager(s) that will report directly to and support you.
- Support Salesforce pipeline entries, S&OP forecasting, and related revenue tools.
- Become the application expert and be able to present Customer Cloud application solution designs and future technical trends to TE Leadership.
- Drive new and custom designs with TE Product Management and System Architect teams.
- Cultivate high-level Customer relationships and extend these relationships up within TE Senior Management.
- Mentor and help grow our younger Hyperscale Sales Professionals to the next management level.
- International travel <10%, weekly Bay Area customer visits required.
What your background should look like:
- Familiarity and experience selling to a hyperscale customer are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud architecture. (server, switch, storage, AI, related ICs and protocols)
- BS degree in Engineering preferred.
- Background in interconnects, copper cables, and optics is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of critical account management experience preferred
- Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management.
- Ability to engage with Customer Development Engineers and Purchasing.
- Strong presentation skills, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- A warm and persuasive personality is required.
- Prior experience managing 4+ direct reports is strongly preferred.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $118,720 - $178,080 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets