SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds & industries to create a safer, sustainable & more connected world.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will implement, develop, & optimize production methodologies in the mfg. operations of TE Connectivity. This engineer will be charged w/ for optimizing product flow though the factory though process optimization that may include tool /fixture selection, line layouts, ergonomic study, material presentation, & other relevant factors. They will interface with design, test, & quality engineering to solve problems, improve manufacturability, & implement continual improvement. They will sustain products w/ cost reduction & yield improvements. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer will work with quality to compile & evaluate data to find appropriate limits & variables for process or material specifications.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. & non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to see whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE decides that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Assess quality & compliance standards to ensure safe & effective use of the products TE manufactures.
- Assess data from various sources to identify trends in build quality & efficiency. Develop robust & clear data collection, visualization, & analysis tools.
- Collaborate effectively w/ others across the organization to collectively achieve business objectives assisting SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, & Cost)
- Create & maintain mfg. Instructions, routings, & associated processes.
- Develop & train technicians, assist in the training of operators as needed.
- Develop expertise in mfg. processes. Master process capabilities through critical data analysis& in depth understanding of the product. Dev & modify line layouts, including material flow, waste reduction, & ergonomics, utilizing Lean Manufacturing best practices. Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production & into mass mfg.
- Identify & track critical tooling by evaluating performance metrics such as equipment utilization/downtime, scrap, & change over time.
- Lead activities including 5S & Lean Mfg., material handling improvements, production line configuration, & safety procedures.
- Lead CER (Capital Expenditure Request) process, developing cost estimates for tooling & applicable manufacturing processes.
- Lead projects specific to cost savings (TEBIT) to maximize yield, capacity, & capability. Assess & optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing OEE in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels.
- Lead root cause investigations & execute corrective actions for non-conforming products using evaluation tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, and 8D.
- Lead the diagnosis of issues found during the part mfg. process & drive corrective action back to source, resulting in root cause identification & elimination. Use structured problem-solving techniques such as DMAIC, Ishikawa, Five Why (5W) & Eight Disciplines (8D).
- Monitor & reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) & Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA). Participate in the development & maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans. Assess, develop, process, & implement Engineering Change Orders.
- Partner with NPD teams to favorably execute product launches.
- Provide mechanical design concepts for equipment & fixturing to improve mfg. process capability, capacity, efficiency, cost,& quality.
- Assist production operations, primarily 1st shift / 5 days, w/ periodic evening and/or wkend activities.
- Assist w/ the quality function on purchased parts defects & deviations.
- Assist the quality function to address customer complaints.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent
- 8+ yrs. assisting a mfg. environment with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Ability to prepare technical documentation including CAD drawings.
- Data collection & analysis experience. Ability to develop data driven root cause analyses & solutions.
- Versed in conventional & CNC machining processes.
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials, Routings, Mfg. Execution Systems, & Change Mgmt.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $95,520k - 143,280k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets