SR MGR CLOUD PLATFORMS
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Environment; TE’s global infrastructure server, storage, backup/recovery, and cloud (SSBRC) function supporting 40,000+ TE users in 50+ countries utilizing 1,000+ applications. SSBRC supports global infrastructure located across multiple datacenters, remote offices, and cloud service providers. The platform services delivered support the building blocks used by all of TE’s application services. Our cloud platforms have an emphasis on high reliability & availability, cost optimization & efficiency, security, as well as ease of use to emanate high levels of confidence in running essential services.
Business Unit Description TEIS GISS
Position Overview: This position is responsible for both the architectural as well as operational support of TE’s global cloud footprint using multiple cloud service providers leveraging a mix of IaaS, PaaS, and CSP specific native services. This position is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, governance, and standardization of cloud offerings and services within the TEIS/GISS infrastructure. Key objectives of this role include driving strategy, planning and delivery of platforms, maintaining and updating TE’s cloud governance & guiderails, as well as optimizing TE’s hybrid cloud (multi-cloud and “on-premise”) architecture and solutions, thereby improving the stability of our systems, and speed to deliver new systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Delivers strategy and roadmap development in alignment with infrastructure teams to ensure effectiveness of our IT infrastructure and systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of cloud budget including planning, forecasting, adherence and reporting at multiple levels. This includes developing a strong understanding of workload utilization and the application footprint that is being supported by TE’s cloud platforms
- Manages a team of engineers specific to cloud technologies. Via that team, ensures the on-going operational support and continuity of platform services delivered in the cloud (backup and recovery, IAM roles & policies, compute/storage/networking service delivery, CSPM management and follow-ups, security edge configuration, account / subscription management, cost allocation, etc.)
- Cross trains on-prem teams in a hybrid environment to drive our cloud journey, as well as finds opportunities to educate the cloud engineers on our “on-premise” architecture and synergies (critical awareness in a hybrid environment)
- Drives innovation, research, and selection of technologies to support or enhance our cloud platforms.
- Acts as a strong liaison with the TEIS SRM (Security & Risk Management) team, providing insight and collaboration to ensure our cloud footprint security posture stays up to date
- Remains current with cloud technologies and offerings in order to align business goals with cloud capabilities. Promotes continuous training and advocacy communication with our technical account teams
- Proactive and ongoing vendor management to ensure SLA/OLA expectations as well as KPI metrics.
- Aligns cloud solutions with on-prem technologies to leverage common tool sets when applicable. Collaborates with on-prem teams on larger strategy/vision.
- Provides project consulting and oversight, in collaboration with the SSBRC solutions team and other application and security solution architects
- Drives cost efficiencies across TEIS GIS as they relate to cloud platforms and cloud solutions including, but not limited to, enterprise agreements, private pricing agreements, reserved/committed compute discounts, right-sizing, automated lifecycle & cleanup, as well as cloud vendor incentives for workload migrations, in a concerted effort to control costs.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all cloud documentation and enterprise-wide reference material (cloud governance and framework) is maintained and updated as required, including any KB articles, research/position papers, and Confluence sites
- Responsible for team reviews, goal setting and performance reviews.
- Responsible for all platform related contracts through collaboration with Procurement and Contract Management teams
- Provides training and mentorship to other professional employees including developing succession planning
- Generally, requires bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with a minimum of 8 years of experience; Master’s degree or higher or local equivalent may be preferred
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related degree
- At least 8 years’ experience in a technical role related to the Computer Science and technology field (At least 4+ of those years in the cloud service space with a demonstrated ability to lead)
- Active AWS and/or Azure certification (associate or professional) is a plus but not required
- Excellent understanding and strong experience with both AWS and Azure cloud services, particularly around the platform and security services and integrations. Other CSP’s a plus
- General understanding of infrastructure solution concepts (DNS, network LAN/WAN, Windows/Linux, Active Directory, SSO, Load balancing, DB technologies)
- General understanding of cloud adjacent solutions and concepts, such as Terraform, IaC, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Jira/Confluence
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills. Ability to present up (executive) and down (technical)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $150,400-225,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets