SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for enabling cross-functional team members to leverage their expertise into project realization, driving project teams in the efficient execution of new strategic projects and technology deployments toward time, cost, and growth goals. The individual will own documentation and tracking project execution, including definition and execution to a stage gate process, regular cadence of meetings/reviews, reporting, program metrics, and countermeasures. The Senior Project Manager will assist the teams in project prioritization and resource management while effectively communicating program status, anticipating and escalating program issues, and proposing solutions to meet project goals based on expertise and experience. The role best suits a highly organized, articulate, and hands-on candidate who is comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, managing conflict, influencing resources outside one’s reporting structure, removing obstacles, driving progress, and maintaining accountability. This role will also need to build and manage project timelines with cross-functional teams as we make and scale project management capabilities within the channel organization.
This individual deploys hard and soft skills, business acumen, leadership skills, and Project Management techniques and tools to drive project performance.
- Determines business needs and defines project deliverables that are most effective and efficient
- Defines resource requirements, including internal, cross-business, and third-party, where necessary
- Prepares detailed project plans to schedule key project milestones, workstreams, and activities
- Identifies and mitigates project risks and cross-impacts
- Tracks projects and provides regular status reports to project teams and key stakeholders
- Manages relationships and communications with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered to the satisfaction of these groups
- Oversees and adjusts baselines for any changes in project scope, schedule, and budget
- Maintains relevant project documentation, including but not limited to project plans, risk registers, mitigation plans, contingency plans, stage gate documentation, & business cases
- Outlines project budgets based on requirements and tracks cost to deliver projects on budget
- Lead development and implementation of process / organizational change roadmaps
- Develop and maintain linkages with current and future (roadmap) projects by participating in critical meetings and building solid relationships and corporate networks
- Support the development of project management excellence within teams and ensure consistent adoption and adherence to project management discipline, techniques, and tools
What your background should look like:
- Minimum five years experience in project management, with demonstrated experience leading complex commercial and strategy programs/projects
- Demonstrated experience with implementing & maturing project stage gate processes
- Demonstrated experience with project management software, including but not limited to MS Project, Jira, ASANA, or similar
- Ability to manage and influence across functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable operating and communicating at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote teams, with flexibility to adapt to diverse cultures, work styles, and time zones
- Experience working with Agile methodologies for technology development
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $111,120 - $166,680 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets