Supervisor II Production
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
What your background should look like:
- Review, plan, and coordinate the assignment of production team members to meet production demands.
- Coordinate communication between the department and other levels of the plant to include Management, Engineering and Materials.
- Hire, train, and supervise production team members. Motivate and develop them to reach/exceed agreed upon objectives. Perform periodic reviews of their overall performance and progress toward meeting their objectives.
- Utilize all resources (people, equipment, materials, and the facility) to their maximum potential to give the company its greatest return on its investment.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping, for all team members.
- Support efforts by TE Connectivity team members to strive for continuous improvement.
- Learn to build the products well enough to understand the applicable drawings, bom’s, route sheets, SOP’s, and inspection criteria
- Consistently push for improvements with a “can do” attitude and approach to work.
- Process non-conforming materials (NC) information and work with direct reports to improve processes to prevent future rejects.
- Utilize and implement Lean Manufacturing methods.
- Work closely with Management, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing and Production Planning to insure a high rate of on-time delivery of high quality products to our customers.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Production Manager or Management.
- Directly supervise the employees in your assigned production areas.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their production team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline.
- Requires ability to apply skills and knowledge in order to understand specific needs or requirements
- Analyzes information and generates ideas
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Identifies and corrects issues that are not immediately evident in existing systems or processes.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field or local equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional level experience in purchasing/supply chain management field.
- Computer skills should include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn our internal Business System and Software tools
- The ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal situations is essential
- Experience with the following materials and products: temperature or other sensors and instrumentation, welding and machined parts, soldering, brazing, other wire joined techniques, wire and cable, high temperature tapes and lamination materials, potting materials and coatings
"This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee."