Product Development Engineer
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, CAD models, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They support the creation and modification of detailed drawings, conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches, or notes, and contribute to design modifications to facilitate design for manufacturing and design for quality. They own the entire product design from early customer engagement and design inception through design validation and industrialization at which point the product is handed off to sustaining engineering.
- Responsible for active and/or passive high-speed cable assembly product development, typically used in data center equipment.
- Work closely with customers/sales/product management in getting the necessary VOC (voice of customer), in order to provide engineering evaluations/proposals to customers.
- Maintain a system-level understanding of customer applications and cable designs/concepts necessary for providing solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Design high-performance cables utilizing company-established methodologies.
- Technical lead for simultaneous engineering teams driving completion of technical tasks following the LEANPD project process ensuring projects satisfy customer needs as it relates to product performance, quality, timeframe, and budget.
- Drive the development and release of product, scale up through stage-gate reviews, and ensure milestone commitments are maintained.
- Technical support to customers, sales, product management, and manufacturing.
- Conduct and review necessary testing and engineering analyses.
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality, and cost objectives.
- Desire to become a technical lead amongst a small engineering team.
- Must be available for morning and evening calls based on global needs.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical) required, Master’s preferred.
- Capable of using design software and design methodologies (CREO, PDMLink, ANSYS, & Tolerance Analysis, etc.).
- Familiar MS Office software (Word, Excel, PPT & Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing process (Machining, Molding, Stamping, Plating, Cable, etc.).
- Working knowledge of signal integrity concepts is desired.
- Experiences in high-speed cable design, including materials, performance, characteristics, safety standards, and typical customer requirements.
- Knowledge of material (metal/plastic) properties and industry standards.
- Product development for the datacenter or communication market and familiarity with quality tools (FMEA, Six Sigma, DOE, 8D), is a plus!
- This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $127,920 – $191,880 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets