SR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE’s AD&M business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, leads the world in the design of electrical interconnect components and solutions that enable applications supporting Inflight Entertainment (IFE), Avionics, Jet Engine and power Management, Flight Controls, and Grounding Systems for today’s “Connected Aircraft.” We’re focused on improving performance and increasing reliability in offshore applications by providing rugged connectivity solutions to tame the most extreme environments on Earth. Whether it’s long-life performance in a subsea network, corrosive salt spray on a wind-swept oil rig, the severe loading on an umbilical cable on a 4-km. dive of a remotely operated vehicle (ROV), or the relentless drive to save space and weight, you’ll find your solution in our unparalleled product lineup. For more than half a century, TE’s electronic systems and components have withstood weather, corrosion, and extreme temperatures to help keep marine oil and gas exploration and production productive, safe, and dependable.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- Develops product families and undertakes small and medium-sized projects
- Manages technical elements while maintaining performance and schedule
- Act as a core team member
- Thorough knowledge of technical tools
- Thorough knowledge of general engineering tools
- Deep technical knowledge of the product domain
- Contributes to multiple project-level technology and product decisions
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Work is performed without appreciable direction
- Drives results primarily through collaboration and influence, not through direct reporting relationships
- Collaborates with other colleagues and peers
- Interacts and/or negotiates effectively with external and/or internal customers at all levels
- Provides training and mentorship to other professional employees
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of Product Engineering and/or Manufacturing Engineering experience related to Electro-Mechanical Relays and Switching Devices preferred
- Working competency in SAP preferred
- Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt certification preferred
- Working competency creating DFMEAs
- Understanding of Kaizen
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $75,000 - 144,840 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets