MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products and introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, and testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Models, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches, or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operations or the quality of products. Typical fields of expertise include materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical, and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Actively lead & contribute to New Product Development activities
- Provide Sustaining Engineering support for existing product lines
- Expand existing product lines into new business opportunities
- Driving extraordinary customer experience by developing of new product possibilities
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Drives results primarily through collaboration and influence, not through direct reporting relationships
- Collaborates with other colleagues and peers
- Interacts and/or negotiates effectively with external and/or internal customers at all levels
- Provides training and mentorship to other professional employees
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Familiarity with utilizing lean methodologies to drive engineering and business initiatives
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering with 5-10 years of hands-on manufacturing experience in a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with new product introductions and/or research initiatives
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working with Department of Defense contractors and/or projects
- Able to deliver quality results without appreciable direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to shift priorities as business pressures demand
- Proficient in MS Office Suite especially Excel
- Proficient in 3D CAD/CAE software (SolidWorks and Creo Preferred)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $78,560 – 117,840 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets