PRODUCT MANAGER III - Hybrid
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We currently have an opportunity for a Product Manager for the Americas Core Connectors product team, based out of Middletown, PA. This will be hybrid, with one week in the office.
The Product Manager will have responsibility for Amplimite and Terminal Junctions products and act as a “mini” GM driving the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to achieve revenue and gross margin targets that enable long-term competitiveness and success of the product line. This individual will develop and implement strategies for new business opportunities including identifying growth opportunities within key existing accounts and developing relationships with emerging customers.
This role requires strong strategic thinking. This role must closely collaborate with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations and Marketing to gain cross-functional alignment and drive the successful execution of the product roadmap.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
What you will be doing
Market Sensing & Strategy Development:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercisers to develop market segment-specific strategies
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment-specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Design go-to-market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Manage the product lifecycle including NPI capacity expansion ramps
Develop Business Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally to define sales, technology, and operations strategies and goals in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution – New Product Development & Launch:
- Be the opportunity champion for Project Approval Committee projects (stage gate)
- Plan product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP and drive needed capacity
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
- Provide input to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce
Execution – Post-Launch Product Management:
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth; a mindset for margin expansion
- Enable sales to promote the product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate the resolution to gaps
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of product management, sales, business development, or other relevant experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical required
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of product strategies and relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgment of critical information both up and down the organization
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $103,440 - 155,160 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets