Director Environmental Health Safety & Sustainability- Sensors (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $16 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” www.te.com.
As the Global Director, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability you will be responsible for establishing and leading the strategic direction of EHS&S throughout TE’s Global Sensors Division – inclusive of 22 plants located in all regions of the world and also including engineering and administrative offices worldwide. You will work in partnership with operations, corporate EHS and plant leaders to build, sustain and improve a safety culture that is owned by all employees. The Director will deliver EHS programs policies, SOPs, etc. to ensure compliance across all manufacturing, engineering, and administrative sites.
You will be tasked with identifying hazards and operational risks and working with regional and plant leaders to eliminate risks while engaging employees. You will also drive environmental sustainability improvements at all sites including energy efficiency, GHG (scope 1 & 2) reduction, water and waste recycling and reuse. This role will work closely with segment and Business Unit leadership to lead and drive an EHS&S culture at all levels through collaboration, influence, and coaching to achieve established safety goals and metrics.
- Establish the Sensors division environmental, health, safety and sustainability strategy, including a safety-first culture and key metrics to be used across all sites.
- Functionally lead regional and plant Environmental Health and Safety teams to drive a safety-first culture and ensure a safe work environment is maintained by adhering to and enforcing all Company safety practices and procedures.
- Partner with local EHS&S experts to ensure that EHS&S requirements are in accordance with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with regional and site leadership to define the short- and long-term roadmaps for safety improvements within the offices, labs, and plants to reduce risks and ensure a safe and healthy working environment for employees.
- Leading and motivating a high-performing operations team with cultural savviness and experience leading diverse workforces are key. This role is a functional role without hierarchical reports, but you will “own” the EHS&S Automotive BU network and lead through influence and competence credibility.
- Oversee safety in a high-mix environment with a portfolio of thousands of SKUs aligned to the key megatrends impacting the automotive industry.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through collaboration and communication regarding best practices knowledge sharing, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, and hands-on leadership.
- Knows how to bring the “WHY” to our EHS expectations which will drive sustainable behavioural improvement of the organization where safe living is our way of life.
The preferred candidate for this position is:
- 10+ years of broad operations experience, ideally with at least 5 years focused on manufacturing safety, environmental health & sustainability in a best-in-class operational environment. You must feel “at home” on a manufacturing shop floor and deeply understand Safety requirements within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experiences in working with a global team and capability to communicate effectively with teams in different countries with different cultures.
- Managerial courage, gravitas and influencing skills to partner effectively with the broader business unit leadership teams.
- Organizationally savvy, but not political, and can effectively navigate between Business Unit, Segment, and Enterprise needs seamlessly.
- Record of accomplishment of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Able to influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders across business segments and functions, on a regional stage, and in a matrixed organization.
- Change Driver: Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment.
- Action-Oriented: Highly motivated and is considered hands-on and a self-starter. Capable of working autonomously and effectively in a changing and evolving dynamic.
- Results Driven: Execution oriented and results focused; motivated by achievement.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. Uses relationship networks strategically to accomplish objectives.
- Strong Communicator: Listens for meaning, translates concepts effectively, speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $153,500.00 – $230,300.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets