QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER II
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and onboard entertainment (EAB) for today's "connected aircraft". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land, and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join the Advanced Quality Engineering (AQE) team located in our Fairview facility. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Quality Engineer with experience in Aerospace components manufacturing.
This position will be located at our Fairview, NC facility. Relocation assistance is provided.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of customer quality requirements and quality flow downs for New Product Development (NPD)
- Coordination with other core project functions by providing input for project analysis, feasibility studies, MSA, design reviews, as well providing quality Planning and APQP deliverables according to Lean PD process.
- Facilitate and lead Project Design Reviews to ensure LEANPD Development Execution.
- Complete project audit checklist of all key deliverables at each gate process and final G6 sign off.
- Collaborating with suppliers to provide digital documentation in the form of a digital CofC, FAI’s and other requirements as we mature supplier PPAP process.
- Perform FAI’s on newly manufactured part numbers.
- Read engineering drawings interpreting geometric tolerancing and develop the corresponding quality inspection plans (QIP) for components and assemblies.
- Read and interpret quality specifications and ensure captured on the requirements document PRD Form 5185
- Execution of failure analysis – problem solving. (Ishikawa, 5 Why, 8D)
- Analysis of quality and process data (ppm, scrap, Pareto, CPK, COPQ etc.) using programs such as Minitab or JMP
- Capability to moderate & facilitate and lead Cross Functional Teams in design and process FMEA’s.
- Continual updating of FMEA’s and preparation of control Plans (CP) and Quality Inspection Plans (QIP’s)
- Evaluation of quality related deviations during the APQP process, including escalation, definition, implementation, and execution of corrective actions.
- Maintain on time delivery of customer required documentation according to both customer and TE standards.
- Champion roll-out and execution of standard tools: APIS, Q-DAS, QIP, FAI PPAP & Lessons Learned Data
- Strengthen continuous improvement activities within the AD&M AQE department including standardisation, system introduction, digitization, and organisation training.
- Prepare and report out on NPI quality metrics to local site and corporate staff.
- Learn and lead the incorporation of the AS9145 PPAP process into the ADM NPI process.
What your background should look like:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Quality, or Reliability Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Science or Manufacturing
- Strong working knowledge of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow, Control Plan, MSA, Gage R&R, GD&T, FAI & PPAP
- 5+ years experience with problem solving tools such as 8D, PPSR, 5 why, Kepner Trego, Pareto Principles and data analysis, Six Sigma Black Belt or Equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to respond to changes in the work environment.
- Systematic and goal-oriented and independent working manner.
- Ability to influence and drive cross-functional teamwork.
- LDFSS Green Belt Certification
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$74,880 - 112,320 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets