Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As an EHS Specialist, the role will have a mission to ensure and monitor safety in the workplace including the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures, and practices consistent with established company, environmental and government regulations, including:
EHS Program Implementation (25%)
- Participate in the implementation of the organization’s EHS programs and support the delivery of the organization’s EHS goals and strategy.
- Create and deliver training programs to ensure those involved in maintaining the organization’s EHS programs are aware of their responsibilities and how to discharge them. Provide training for all employees in support of achieving 100% engagement in EHS within our facility.
- Participate as an active member in teams for driving EHS improvements and managing EHS programs, including site safety and environmental committees, such as energy teams and behavioral safety teams.
- Communicate with all levels in the organization on EHS to engage with, influence, and motivate the managers, supervisors, and employees. Drive EHS initiatives to achieve the organization’s goals and strategy.
- Audit and evaluate the performance of the EHS management system. Create and drive action plans to implement identified corrective actions.
- Create and use systems for monitoring and auditing EHS performance throughout the organization and provide timely, action-oriented reports to management to ensure appropriate progress is maintained towards achieving the organization’s goals and strategy; and 100% compliance with TE policies, specifications and EHS legislation.
- Implement, maintain and use monitoring procedures for changes in EHS legislation applicable to the organization and ensure the EHS management system is updated to ensure compliance.
Continuous process improvement & TEOA (35%)
- Participate in EHS inspections and audits.
- Facilitate incident investigations and advise management on appropriate corrective actions.
- Participate in risk assessments, advising risk assessment teams on the assessment process; quantification of risks; prioritizing risks for action and effective risk control measures.
- Train, coach and mentor those involved in delivering the EHS programs and those with EHS responsibilities.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring and measurement equipment for EHS is available, maintained and calibrated.
- Drive process improvements that result in EHS performance improvements.
Track Metrics/KPI’s/ Velocity: (15%)
- Report all required EHS data to site, Business Unit management, Business Unit EHS and Corporate EHS using, as appropriate, the TE and Business Unit EHS reporting tools.
- Report all EHS data required by applicable legal regulations.
- Integrate reporting into existing business reporting systems to ensure employees, EHS teams, town hall meetings, etc. are informed of EHS performance, incidents, programs and initiatives
- Monitor and report organizational safety performance against the TEOA Safety Tool.
Training / Learning & awareness (25%):
- Plan and deliver EHS training to create the competencies needed to deliver the EHS program.
- Advise management on EHS matters and implementation of regulations and TE policies, programs and specifications.
- Engage with management and employees to drive EHS programs and performance improvements.
- Support and guide employees to enable them to work safely, comply with regulations, TE policies and specifications and support environmental sustainability goals.
What your background should look like:
- Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a related field.
- 0-3 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Passion for teamwork and innovation, good communication skills.
- Drive for Results and Problem Solving.
- Process Management, Planning & Organizing.
- Knowledge of EHS Management System (ISO 45001, ISO 14001), Knowledge of Risk Assessments, Machine Guarding, Control of Hazardous Energy, Chemicals Management and Ergonomics.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: This is an hourly position - $28.85/hour - $43.27/hour ($60,000-90,000 annually) (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets