Strategic Sourcing Analyst II
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Advanced Supply Chain & Advanced Procurement teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned product lines, suppliers, and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Focal point of all procurement initiatives associated with your given product line(s)
- Data Analysis for Key Performance Metrics and Operational items
- Responsible for attaining annual business results (ex. cost savings, supplier performance and compliance) for responsible product line, including developing and leading leverage price and terms negotiations with potential and current suppliers.
- Lead supplier negotiations and selection as required for NPI programs and Engineering Changes on launching programs
- Ensure lowest upfront cost and high supplier service in supplier selection via analysis of supplier data, financial, capacity and capability
- Establish Regional communication channels with Regional BU leadership to understand commodity needs, service level requirements, and measures/communicates results
- Manage assigned Commodity projects, including but not limited to Purchasing, Expediting, Issue Resolution, Payment, and Supplier Performance Reporting
- Support to solve Operational issues such as Blocked Invoices, Supplier Compliance, Delivery, Supplier Quality, etc.
- Negotiate and load supplier agreements / contracts as required in TE receptacles
- Develop Supply Base consolidation or exit plans with commodity team for projects and spend across your product line
- Holds Voice of Customer Sessions with internal customers and utilizes feedback to improve team performance and supply base service
- Ensure supplier launches and PPAP align and are completed in line with overall program timing for the customer
- Oversee strong and successful transition of programs from the NPI phase to sustaining
- Take part in periodic business reviews with key/strategic suppliers to ensure TE metrics and directives are being achieved. Implement improvement plans and actions for poor performing suppliers
- Provide strong support for all TE manufacturing plant(s) within region
- Work closely with other BU Commodity Managers and Product Line Managers in business unit or sub-vertical to ensure the sharing of best-practices and enhance negotiation leverage
- Overall focus on building resilient supply chain for NPI with strong focus on positively impacting project Operating Income
What You'll Be Doing...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related engineering discipline.
- MBA (Desired)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement
- Previous SAP experience required
- Fluent English.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required
- Proven experience managing commodities and materials related
- Demonstrated leadership of a commodity, project team or direct reports is preferred
- Demonstrated experience handling transferring of production process
- Able to work well with international teams and individuals
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex financial documentation and RFP submissions and make detailed reports and recommendations to management
- Negotiation skills
- Organized and able to meet critical deadlines
- Ability for periodic travel required
- Proficient in MS office suite; advanced Excel, Power point
This a hybrid role at our Winsten-Salem, NC site.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $ 84,240 - $126,360 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets