Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of electronic calibrations. This position requires the applicant to be well-organized and self-motivated while working under minimum supervision. Review requests and obtain all necessary resources (product specifications/TE or Customer specifications/Equipment) to perform verification on time. Comment and discuss calibration results with customers. Responsible for documenting results/procedures within the asset management system utilizing manual templates, MetCal software, Excel, and Word. Applicants must have problem-solving and critical thinking skills while working under demanding customer deadlines, along with supporting laboratory accreditation and lab safety efforts. Experience in mechanical calibration is a plus.
The applicant must have excellent technical, written, and communication skills, along with interpersonal skills that are required to interface with external and internal customers. Supporting laboratory accreditation and lab safety efforts is also a must.
What You'll be Doing....
- Develop and lead the calibration team. Help integrate additional metrology teams and identify/share best practices. Recognize opportunities to utilize team member's best and advance technicians' skill sets.
- Maintaining calibration data base, standard operating procedures and ensuring compliance across local and international teams.
- Training new team members, both on site and remotely.
- High Technical aptitude.
- Capacity to read and interpret industrial standards such as USCAR, SAE, IEC, etc. Monitor tests per specifications, troubleshoot test set-ups, Recognize, and understand failure modes, document all pertinent data.
- Have the mechanical ability to assemble and modify complex test fixtures. (Mechanically Inclined)
- Have the electrical ability to understand and troubleshoot AC/DC circuits. Comfortable working with and around current levels up to 1000 Amps.
- Communication with outside vendors and all customers pertaining to equipment status updates and timing.
- Must be able to collaborate closely with team members but also be able to work independently.
- Maintain accurate and timely updates on test progression and test schedules. Meet committed completion dates.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Ability to use basic hand tools (wrenches, pliers, etc.).
- Capable of shifting priorities to meet customer demands.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of all projects on time.
What Your Background Should Look Like:
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Mechanical Technology Preffered
2 Year Technical Degree Required
Two or more years in calibration, electrical testing, technical field, or related experience preferred.
Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experienced with, voltmeters, power supplies and standard hand tools.
- Capability of creative, analytical, and structured thinking with the ability to execute.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC guide 17025 a plus
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project).
- Good soldering skills and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position is located at our Winston-Salem, NC site.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $64,720 - $97,080 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets