MAINTENANCE MECHANIC V
Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Troubleshoots advanced mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns of machinery.
- Assists with preventative and emergency Maintenance program.
- Replaces parts (ex. Motors, drives) as required.
- Understands PLC programs for machinery including robots.
- Fabrication, mig, & tig welding is required.
- Provides technical support for maintenance department and engineering.
- Completes all work orders and repair logs to reflect work performed.
- Provides training to all maintenance personnel in areas of expertise as required.
- Follows all safety guidelines in working on machinery or in facilities (ex. Lock out/tag out).
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Overtime may be required based on the needs of the business.
What your background should look like:
- AAS in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Industrial Technology plus 2+ years’ experience in electronics or mechanical field or 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical repair, motor controls in plant environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code; Electrical Contractors License preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing in maintenance role working on hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical repair, motor controls systems.
- 1+ years’ experience in heating/air conditioning and refrigeration based on work area assigned is a plus.
- Electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic, and mechanical blueprint reading skills required; experience reading blueprints from non-U.S. manufacturers preferred.
- Experience using micrometers, oscilloscopes, amp meters, gauges, rulers (metric and standard), shop equipment (drill press, milling machine, welding)
- Math skills (electrical wiring work requires use of decimals, percentages)
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Previous forklift, scissors lift, and boom license is preferred.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $100,000 - $115,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets