Warehouse Supervisor II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. They coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers, identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals.
TE Connectivity's Materials Supervisor is responsible for supervising shipping, receiving, warehouse, and materials employees; collaborating with manufacturing to ensure that products are ready for shipments; products are loaded in safe efficient manner and received by customers on time and in compliance with company standards. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning, and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Manages the financial performance of the distribution center and warehouse including inventory transactions, overtime, staffing, and expense budgeting.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Oversees the storage of raw materials and components.
- Leads the cycle counting and material handling activities for the plant.
- Maintains reports, records and documentation to reflect department activities.
- Utilizes problem solving techniques, team building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet key operating metrics.
- Responsible for managing employee performance, including hiring, evaluation, and discipline processes.
- Schedules and monitors inventory cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Must have flexibility in work hours
- Developing and maintaining departmental procedures and work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse and manufacturing requirements.
- Leading department in developing and maintaining a high safety culture.
- Continuously improve warehouse and distribution center operations through the use of lean practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space, adhering to storage design principles, and recommending improvements.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Establishes daily and weekly goals and objectives as part of the tier accountability process.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- 5+ years experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and expertise in basic office procedures.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Solid working knowledge of SAP and ERP software systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills and ability to learn new skills and tasks as required.
- Ability to interface with vendors and internal/external customers professionally and diplomatically.
- High sense of the urgency and ability to provide service to internal customers
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient in the English language
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $63,600 – $95,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)l location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets