Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
We are looking for Manufacturing Engineering Manager II with a proven background in managing a highly technical group of professional engineers and technicians. This position is responsible for supporting production across a 5 shift, 24/7 Manufacturing Operation, in Fuquay-Varina, NC. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to lead the Continuous Improvement efforts using the TE Operating Advantage (our continuous improvement methodology, TEOA) & develop the business plans that support growth of the operation. We are looking for a technical and business minded professional that will take this operation to the next level.
- Responsible for both the manufacturing and engineering resources within the value stream.
- Leads the engineering team that supports the value stream.
- Participates in daily meetings with the value stream team aimed at identifying and resolving process issues quickly.
- Conducts daily audits of the manufacturing processes to ensure all safety, quality, and process standards are being followed.
- Ensures that the processes run by the manufacturing team are performing at the designed efficiencies.
- Leads team to develop improvement plans and projects that will meet or exceed the TEOA targets
- Responsible for driving improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and cost through the use of the TEOA tools and philosophy.
- Responsible for capacity planning process and leads the implementation of new capacity when needed.
- Leads the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process for the value stream.
- Communicates with Product Managers on an as needed basis with regards to new and existing products.
- Works closely with the launch organization on the introduction of new products.
- Ensure that an effective communication system is in place through all levels of the value stream.
- Ensure that roles and expectations are clearly communicated throughout the entire value stream
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, employee development, leadership and motivation for engineers and technicians.
- Routinely make decisions to determine resource requirements, establish department projects and schedules, and resolve production problems in order to meet customer design, quality, delivery, and cost expectations.
- Facilitate capital equipment justification, specification, and procurement.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred, with 10 + years of experience in a manufacturing environment; those without a Bachelor’s degree but with equivalent experience in manufacturing and manufacturing leadership will also be considered
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory or management experience in manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma - Green Belt training; Black Belt, preferred
- In-depth knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods and systems
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $132,640
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets